Our School Council are elected by their class peers each year. They meet with the senior leaders of the school to formally represent their classmates views on such matters as:
- The aims of the school
- How to develop the school site
- How to arrange playtimes for everyone to enjoy
- Which charities the school should support
and any other issues which arise during the school year.
The school council also has the posts of secretary, chairperson and Eco reps to ensure all voices are heard and recorded in their meetings.
Children are the most important stakeholders of the school and are at the heart of the strategic decisions taken by all staff and governors. At St Mary's we think it is really important to hear the 'pupil voice' on all issues. Some of the strategies for doing this include:
- Class circle time
- Classroom worry and suggestion boxes
- Learning Mentor time and nurture time
- School Council
- Stars of the Week Spotters